Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ugh. FML.

So we all know that I'm twenty years old. Twenty, 20, the number after nineteen. Actually, I'm almost twenty-one, 21. I will be in January. Sadly, I am still being treated like I am 10 by my parents. The only reason they can do this is, well, because they can and they can get by with it. Why? Because I simply have no where else to go and it's not like a friend is going to help me by giving me a place to stay for a few months and it's not like my sister will either. I feel like I'm stuck with no way out, no where to go, the walls are closing in, and frankly I'm getting a little more than claustrophobic.  So the story, this time, goes like this:
I was volunteering at a festival all day Saturday, from like noon to 7:30pm. I actually left before it was even over to keep from being around drunks and such. So I had a great day, met amazing people, had a few laughs, and for the first time in a while I actually was happy and I was doing something just for the sake of doing it... not because I was told to do so or anything. So I get home, dad says a drunk guy called me, totally not my fault. So he takes the whole thing out on me, no one else will take up for me and they just kind of let me go about my way and fight with dad solo. Thanks for the help, family! I really appreciate it. So anyway, now I am grounded because of a stupid prank someone pulled or something. I'm not even sure who the Hell called honestly. No one will confess up to it. So I'm grounded, at 20, can't leave my house at all, and it's not even my fault.
If it was my fault, I'd take total blame for it. But it's not. And this sucks because there is a youth church thing coming up that my friend is doing, and I just found out he's becoming a preacher. But there is no way dad will even begin to understand and let me go, even though the friend is just a friend and a preacher. Sigh. Yeah, I totally need to move out, right?

I have been sick since Saturday, the only person who's actually attempted to take care of me is the ex-boyfriend. Which is sad because I thought he hated me by now. I swear, I love that kid in the friend sense. I'd be lost without him sometimes. He's a best friend that I hope I never lose. We didn't work out as a couple but we do make a good team as friends only. He's quite amazing and I trust him with my life, besides for an incident when he told me to eat chalk for my upset stomach. (No, I didn't really do it... just for the record.) But at least he's trying to take care of me. While everyone else has a "Get the Hell away from me" attitude, he's been nothing but nice to me. I'm starting to wonder if the world shifted atmospheres or something. Maybe he's just being a good friend. I don't know, I'm not complaining, just giving him praise for what he's done for me lately.

I'm scatterbrained. It's too early. I want more sleep. But I must clean. My job is never done. I just wish I got a little something in return or at least pay. :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment