Friday, August 13, 2010

Holding On (poem)

It seems like all of your dreams are coming true
I guess you had a point when you left me for you
I hold on to the belief that you will be back around
I have yet to let one tear drop fall to the ground.
Waking up, slowly realizing that you are gone away
You will never come back. Especially not today.
The anger rages through me, but I cannot scream
I keep hoping this is not as real as it may seem.

I still believe we could work things out, give us a try,
I can't help but to fall to my knees, asking myself why;
Why you left, why I am waiting for you to come home,
Why I put myself through Hell knowing you are gone.
I got a message from you, saying you are alright
But I still believe you should be holding me tonight.
I feel confused, sad, lost, a little dead on the inside
I have done everything, I even swallowed my pride.

I know things sometimes work out for the best
And sometimes moments put love to a test
I don't know how much longer I can fight 
But something about suffering seems right.
It gets harder to breathe without you by my side
I have finally broke down and I have finally cried.
This is the part that really hurts the most--the letting go,
I should walk away but I still love you, just so you know.


"Holding On"

No comments:

Post a Comment