Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Lovely Camping Adventure for Rai

I actually came back from camping a few days ago, Sunday to be exact, but I have not really had time to sit down and post about how the adventure went. So here is how it went down...
The Lovely Camping Adventure for Rai

There I was sitting at my computer talking to my dearest friend from his phone to my Yahoo Instant Messenger and I heard the jeep pull up which was my get away from this life and going into, what I thought at the time, to be the woods to stay in a tent for my first time. So I get my bike finally loaded on top of the jeep with a few loading straps, get my bag into the backseat, check to make sure I got everything, grab the fishing gear, and I got inside the Jeep after telling my parents good-bye and telling them when I would be home.

A few minutes into the trip, they (my sister and her husband) start talking about the camping trip in which she turns to me and tells me that plans have changed and instead they had rented a cabin just for my liking, instead of the tent since I was afraid of a bear. All joking aside, I really did have fears of bears coming into the tent area. So after all was said and done, we stopped back at my brother-in-law's parents house to give them key to the house incase they needed them. Roy decides that we should take his truck instead of the jeep because it would be easier to unload and reload the bikes as needed. Here we were transferring everything over and it started storming. I looked up, "Oh wonderful..." So we loaded back up after his mother gave us some muskmelon to munch on during our weekend. We locked up, got everything in order, and started on our way. Oh, crap, my sister forgot her money. So we turn around, go back, she gets her money and then we start again. After about an hour and a half of driving and my staring out the window like a Jack Russell just enjoying the scenery, we arrive at Cabin 1. We stayed around the cabin the evening roasting marshmallows and wieners then turned in rather early compared to my normal sitting up until 3am.

The next morning, I awoke first and showered so I could wake up a tad. Soon after my sister was up and fixing cinnamon rolls and they were planning the day, seeing of how they go to the cabins every year and I have never been there. We went to check in, finally, and I grabbed a book from the library--which was a smart thing to do and I will tell you why later. We got back to the cabin, looked outside and there was the rain. We decided to try the bike riding anyway as we got out of the cabin's drive way, it starts pouring the rain. Of course, here we all three are, drenched rats riding on bicycles. After the rain stopped, we parked our bikes under a small shed and went hiking through the trails. After hiking, we went back to the cabin. The fun begins. Roy and my sister were trying to figure out how to roast a chicken on the fire pit, honestly I knew it was not going to work but the funny stuff happens when you just sit back and laugh. After trying five or six different things and then it starting to pour the rain, my sister finally just sticks the chicken in the cabin's oven. Five ours later, we finally have chicken! During this time, while the chicken was baking, we were playing badminton. Needless to say, I got horridly muddy and I am glad we were not keeping score because I would have lost; not to mention, the birdie kept getting stuck in the worn out rackets.

Later, the creek starts rising and we all go out to look. Obviously the dumbfucks (excuse my language) in the cabin beside of ours have never been around a flood before. They were actually trying to walk through it and not to mention climbing trees that broke over to get across and get to someone on the other side. After laughing hysterically at them, it became a little boring. So, we all went back in and played cards. After it started getting dark, my brother-in-law finally go the fire going again and we sit out in the rain watching the fire and looking up at the stars. After having a horrible moment of dropping things in the mud, my sister and I realized we needed to just go inside and give up. Back inside the cabin, it started raining horridly again, it was storming and the power almost went out (thankfully we were camping or I would have thrown a fit). I finally curl up on the small sofa thing with my book. The library did not have much to choose from but fortunately, I found a Dean Koontz novel that I had not read yet, so I was in Heaven. I got through half of the book and pass out on the 2.5 feet softa instead of the air mattress.

I wake up the next morning, read some of the novel, grab a water, go outside and look around. I realize, "Oh my. We're flooded." But luckily the water started going down as we were packing everything back up so we did not get stranded like I had thought we would have. We started home, actually got everything, stopped to tell his mother we were back home, then my sister brought me home. I was sad to be back, actually.

So over all, the camping was not so bad. Just the whole thinking we were going to get stuck was kind of a bad experience. I plan on going again sometime. It was nice just to get away.




Our lovely cabin, which saved me from bears, foxes, and wild boar. (Or at least, I think that was my exact wording when I was trying to get out of the camping trip in the first place.) The only thing I feared was the cackling laughter of the neighbors in the next cabin over.

The rain was horrid and almost had us flooded in. This is actually the drop off area in which we had previously played badminton.

No comments:

Post a Comment