Thursday, September 9, 2010

"Foward or you will die": Death threat or joke?

Someone sent me this via Facebook comment and I was thinking about it for a while, reading it and such. Of course, I got a slight giggle but then I read it to mom and said "If I die on Monday at 12am, you'll know (name of person who sent it to me) hexed me to death." Mom kind of looked at me like I was a strange child. But here's the text of the comment:



This is not a joke! Carry on reading! Or you will die, even if you only looked at the word warning!


Once there was a girl called Clarissa, she was ten-years-old and she lived in a mental hospital, because she killed her mom a...n.................d her dad. she got so bad she went to kill the staff in the hospital so the government decided that... See More ... See More the best idea was to get rid of her so they set up a special room to kill her, as humane as possible but it went wrong the machine they were using went wrong. And she sat in agony for hours untill she finally died. Now every week on the day of her death she returns to the person who reads this letter, on a monday night at 12:00a.m. She creeps into your room and kills you slowly, by cutting you and watching you bleed to death.


Now send this to ten other pics on this one site, and she will haunt someone else who dosen's pass this on like you did. And forget about you. Example 1:
Jenny didn't believe this and deleted it without even reading the whole thing! A few days later on the monday night, she was woken up by loud footsteps and heavy breathing, there was Clarissa standing there with a huge knife and well Jenny is history now 




So I'm wondering if that could be considered a death threat? I mean, really. It says specifically "This is not a joke!" so how am I supposed to take that? I know it's harmless and such, but really. Who ever came up with these has really no sense of law enforcement. They take shit like this seriously, believe it or not. It is almost as if saying "You're going to die unless I see you comment this to every one you know." --Actually, my thoughts are that some people are so comment-love-driven that they would do anything just to get comments on their page, even this kind of thing. With that being said, is this a death threat or a joke?

Like if someone sends it to you knowing you won't resend it out and if you die would it not be their fault therefore would it not be them technically killing you? Couldn't the cops some how read that as a crime? Even if it wasn't their fault that you died? I'm just asking. But this came to me after I started laughing and asking mom, "Hm, I wonder if I died could you really sue someone or something for letting people post this on my Facebook?" It makes me giggle, honestly. But I'm actually sure some people do believe stuff like this really will happen.

Just a random thought of the day and wanted to share. Sorry guys. I know some of you like how my brain works but some don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment