Thursday, February 3, 2011

That was a weird dream...

I hardly ever have dreams that I remember but last night, I had a dream I was walking down an old dirt road with just a backpack on my back with a few food items, some water, and some clothing. It was late spring, summer, or early fall. I was walking by different types of housing and some elderly people were on the porches or peering out the windows. Actually one even opened the door and asked where I was going because her dog had taken a liking to the smell of food in my bag. I turned around, returned her dog, kept going but when I looked down beside me the dog was still there about two miles later. I just kept walking. I don't know where I was going or even why. But with every step, it felt like I was getting freed from something. But then toward the end of the dream, my legs grew weak and I grew so tired. Then thought about the money and food I had left... I only had $40 and only a few items of food that wouldn't ruin and only a few bottles of water. But yet, I never turned around. I just kept going forwards not even stopping.




I'm picking out certain parts and items of the dream that I remember to analyze it and research.



What I have found so far:

-Runaway
"To dream that you are a runaway indicates that you are dealing with issues of belonging and acceptance."

-Walking
"To dream that you are walking with ease represents the way you are moving through life and progress toward your goals. Consider your destination. To dream that you are have difficulties walking indicates that you are reluctant and hesitant in proceeding forward in some situation. You may also be trying to distance yourself from certain life experiences. The difficulty in walking is a reflection of your current situation and the obstacles that you are experiencing."

-Path
"To walk through a quiet, open path, signifies clarity of thought and peace of mind."

-Puppy
"Puppies may represent playfulness, dependence, and carefree fun."

-Tree
From what I could tell, by research, most trees mean something about spirituality, purity, and achievement. Besides a few. Most trees represent that dreamer. Seeing of how it was just one single tree beside the road, I could see how that would be possible. Granted, I'm not a tree expert so I couldn't tell you what type of tree it was.

-The Elderly Woman
"To see a hag in your dream may represent the Wise Old Woman figure and refers to nurturance. Negatively, to see a hag in your dream signifies the devouring mother.

-Old People
"To see an elderly person in your dream represents wisdom or spiritual power. Pay attention to the message or advise that they are conveying you. They help provide life answers and solutions to your problems an try to guide you toward the right direction."

-Fence
"To see a fence in your dream, signifies an obstacle or barrier that may be standing on your path. You may feel confined and restricted in expressing yourself. Are you feeling fenced in? Alternatively, it may symbolize a need for privacy. You may want to shut off the rest of the world."



So, what I'm getting from those meanings from a site, I am looking for some acceptance, I'm trying to move on in life but I'm also having difficulties to do so, it would bring a peace of mind if I did. I would finally be dependent. Still not sure about the tree. Apparently I long for nurturance from a "devoured mother." And since no one was giving me guidance in the dream, I suppose I was probably on the right path of trying to move on. And I have an obstacle in my way of going forth in life. 


Sigh.

And for the record, I didn't mean to steal the old woman's puppy, it just followed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment