Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Soul

The guilt hangs over my head like a dark storm cloud, the years of hurt and pain channel itself into tears falling slowly down my cheeks, I bow to my knees asking for forgiveness--knowing that some things we just cannot be forgiven for. I struggle through the darkness, not a light do I see anywhere. My hands run along the jagged walls of rock and stone. I feel like a mime trapped in a small box only this isn't so easy as to draw a door and step out into the light. My hands start to shake, my body starts to tremble, my anger grows fierce making my fists lash out at the walls. The walls cut, bruise, and stain my hands. All the time I have spent wasted just trying to thrive on hurting something to survive; now here I am, lost and alone. No where to go, no one to turn to. I walk slowly, kicking at the thin air to make sure there is not some hidden object in this chamber. Finally, I open my eyes and realize I was only hidden inside my soul. My soul so dark. It can never be forgiven, for it is too far gone. All that is left is my own guilt, my own pain, and the very reason I am alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment